Monday, March 29, 2010

I AM THE EGGMAN

I learned to speak English listening to the Beatles. Okay, I exaggerate, the Monkees and Batman helped too – but more so with the Beatles. I mean, it was the thing to do, memorize, dissect, interpret, play backwards, find the hidden meaning. At first the lyrics were relatively simple...She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah – although they threw me for a loop with Michelle (I was listening to French and using my Spanish brain to interpret into English). Whooo! Anyway, as the years progressed the lyrics got more interesting. And what, you might ask, does this have to do with my food blog?

There are food innuendos everywhere. I guess if I ever go to England I may be invited to take some tea, while enjoying a coffee dessert. I could try a sling of ginger with a pineapple heart. Or on Penney Lane I could buy four of fish. Cream tangerine anyone? A nice apple tart, coconut fudge? Or maybe I'd prefer to eat chocolate cake in a bag. They have Strawberry Fields there you know, and tangerine trees and marmalade skies, montelimat and savoy truffles. I don't think I'd want to try the glass onion, but everything else sounds pretty tasty.
 

2 comments:

  1. Gee, Yvonne, I have put on about fifty pounds since I started reading your blog!!! Nah,,, just kidding. I had already fifty pounds "too much" when I started... (hahahaha). You write very well and your entries are very funny and enjoyable. Love all the jabs and innuendos here and there, to make things flow and move to a lighter beat. I truly enjoy reading your entries. Hugs and kisses from L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pedro. Been checking your blog every day. I don't know how you find so much inspiration, but I'm glad to see and hear it!!

    ReplyDelete